Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rejection



Rejection is something every writer has to deal with at some stage. It really doesn't matter if you're agented, published or unpublished, at some point you will experience rejection. It may came from an agent, a publisher or even a reader.

I told myself I was ready for it. In some ways I may have actually been. I'm going through the whole query agent thing with Realmspace at present. I don't mind rejection, I expect it. I actually expect a lot of it. I don't see that as being underconfident, it's more like being realistic.

I haven't gotten past the query stage yet, and maybe I won't. I don't know.

So far I've only received the 'this isn't for us' kind of response. I think that may be code for 'your work isn't good enough'. I would like a little more explanation as to why, because then I could possibly make some changes, but I know that's not the agent's job and that they're actually doing me a favour by even responding to my queries.

I will keep you posted if I get anything beyond the 'this isn't for us' response. Hopefully one day I'll get a foot in the door and receive some encouraging news.




No comments:

Post a Comment